The Pontifex Campaign
Striking Scorpion, Archon of the Silver Flame
Dark Eldar, Archon of the Silver Flame
Asssrrgghhhh… Another lifeless, almost skinless, body hits the floor. The bloody corpse had his feet chained to the wall. That was the 17th slave in a row. The drug was a great success. A small smile was all that could be seen on his face. So many years of experiencing pain, agony and the refreshing stench of death allowed only a small sign of approval and satisfaction. The drug was designed to be injected in to the right interna jugular vein, travel to the heart and from there to the brain, over stimulating the nervous system, making the victim feel extremely itchy all over the body. The more the victim scratched the more was the effect of the drug intensified. The result was nothing less than a self inflicting torture, until the inevitable shock killed the subject. Only 4 slaves left he thought, what a pity.
-Master… Master… Master!!
He lifted his eyes to meet the one eye the heamonculi had left.
-What?? What is so important that you chose to disturbed me while I am enjoying the company of my slaves, Zacharias?
- Our cousins foresight seems to be right, Master. The Farseer was right. We just traced the first spores of the Hive Fleet, Master. Hune is coming.
- Excellent. Perhaps, I shouldn´t have flayed her and her retinue then. She could have been useful to me now.
- Maybe it was a mistake, Master… In a blink of an eye, he had drawn his blade, jumped effortless though the room and placed the edge of his venom blade into the eye of the heamonculi. The heamonculi didn´t feel the pain, he couldn´t even feel the blade half way into his skull. Losing his one good eye Zacharias was helpless and feeling his Masters breath on his face, he knew he was at the merci of his lord.
-Never, never think that you can judge me, Zacharias, NEVER!
He pulled the blade out of Zacharias eye, well knowing that Zacharias would probably grow a new one in a matter of few hours, but he had no other choice than to show strength and no weakness. The weak had no place in the hierarchy of his Kabal. The “Silver Flame” was one the ancient families of Commorragh, one of the few families dating back before the Fall, he was its overlord, proud, strong, merciless and flawless.
- Now tell me Zacharias, what other forces are in the system and what should we expect?
- Yes, Master, Sorry, Master. It will not happen again Master.
- I know that Zacharias, now answer my question.
- Yes Master. Other than the Hive fleet entering the system the Orks have taken the almost defend less planets by surprise and have made many strongholds. The mon-keigh did manage to send a cry for help to the empire and some space marine chapters have send forces Master.
-Space Marines? Excellent. Just what I expected. What chapters?
The heamonculi thought twice before he answered. He knew his Master wouldn´t like the answer.
- Three chapters are sending forces, Master. The blood Angels are sending a small force, maybe too small for us to waste any time on. The Dark angels are sending a small force too, to investigate what has happen… and the third chapter is…. Zacharias was now down on his knees, fearing the reaction of his Master.
- Which chapter is it?? He asked…
- I am afraid that the third chapter is the space wolves, Master, and they are coming in force, Master. A big force… Forgive me, Master.
-The space wolves? That is unexpected, why didn´t the farseer mentioned the space wolves??
-I don’t know, Master.
-Maybe she didn´t knew… or maybe she did.
-Any sign of our cousins in the system, Zacharias?
-No Master. But….
- But what? Zacharias, are you hiding something from me? Tell me… Don´t make me use my blade again…
- No Master, but there have been some rumors going around… the soldiers, Master… the soldiers can sense “She Who Thirsts”. The farseer´s warnings, Master… Zacharias, picked his words carefully, – there are some whispers, that “She Who Thirsts” keeps a close eye on this system…. a Chaos champion maybe, or a even a warband, Master?
- If this is the case then we have to get closer before we launch our attack… Get us closer through the Portal and don´t you worry about the Farseer´s warnings. If she knew her destiny so well then why did she approach us, knowing that she wouldn´t leave this place alive? The wych Cults back in Commorragh will pay well for captives for their arenas. Tyranids, Orks and space wolves will provide excellent entertainment for many, many weeks. Our kabal could profit a great deal out of this campaign…. even if we have to meet the chosen of “She Who Thirst”…. Now leave me… I still have 4 slaves to experiment with. Oh, and Zacharias, if you ever disturb me again in my work, then you will be joining the chained, skinless corpses on the floor.
- Yes, Master. Thank you, Master. Zacharias knew that he was lucky leaving the room with only losing one eye. The Master of the Silver Flame, known only as the “Striking Scorpion”, meant every single word in his threat.